linux4501 project homepage
linux4501 is a linux software distribution for the soekris net4501 single board computer.
It fits on a 16 or 32 MB Compactflash card and turns the 4501 into a firewall and (dsl) router.
It can also be used as a starting point for your own development.
The distribution contains the following software:
The filesystem consists of three parts:
additionally there will be a version with everything in one minix fs for developers who want to install software on the disc.
- an intial ramdisk, acts as rootfs (ro)
- a diskimage (cramfs) mounted ro as /usr
- a minix fs mounted on /var for storing system configuration and logs
As far as I can see everything works, distribution released (version 1.1)
At the moment I'm working towards version 1.2. The goals for this version are
- create documentation
- care about error led earlier on boot
- add hostap driver for the d-link dwl 520 WLAN card
- allow forwarding/masq for dhcp registered clients only (dhcpd execute patch)
- remove most/all executable stuff from /var and mount it with noexec option
- release my scripts/code changes as a separate package
Have a look at the files section at the project page.